How to get to Iceland
Read more about us
There is only one international airport in Iceland and it’s located in Keflavík about 48 km from Reykjavík. Information can be found at www.keflavikairport.com.
Here are some of the airlines that now fly to Iceland.
- Wow Air www.wow.is
- Icelandair www.icelandair.com
- SAS www.flysas.com
- Easyjet www.easyjet.com
- Vueling www.vueling.com
Getting from the KEF airport to Reykjavík
Here you have a couple of options.
- Taking the public bus - We call the bus "strætó" and it's very bright and yellow. The one number 55 takes you to Reykjavík.
Go to www.bus.is for information regarding it.
- Taking a bus/coach - There are two big bus companies in Iceland. Grayline and Reykjavík Excursions. They both offer bus tours to Reykjavík. You will find them easily at the airport. The price is very similar.
- Get a Taxi - They are usually just waiting right outside. It's smart to hear the price in advance even though they have a meter.
- Hire a car - Budget, Hertz, Europcar and Avis all have an office at the airport so you can talk to them when you arrive.
By Smyril Line ferry to Seyðisfjörður, East of Iceland, from Hirtshals (Denmark) and Torshavn (Faroe Islands). For prices and availability check www.smyril-line.com