Icelandic Tourist Board
Trek 10 - Combo Trip: Glacier Hiking & Ice Climbing Day Tour from Reykjavik to Solheimajokull Glacier.
- Sólheimajökull e. Solheimajokull glacier
- Skógafoss e. Skogafoss waterfall
- Ice Climbing (optional)
- Glacier hiking
Pick-up in Reykjavik (5,000 ISK):
- We pick up from Reykjavik accommodations between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m.
Meet on location:
- 11:30 AM at Solheimajokull Parking Lot. Distance from Reykjavik is approx. 164 km/ 101 mi. GPS 63°31’00.48°N, 19°22’00.12W(WGS84).
Solheimajokull Parking lot
- Glacier hiking tour on Solheimajokull glacier with an certified glacier guide, an optional introduction to ice climbing and all specialized glacier gear; including a climbing harness, glacier crampons, helmet and other climbing safety equipment.
- Warm outdoor clothing
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Headwear and gloves
- Good hiking shoes are recommended.
Note: Sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented and paid for online. We do not rent gear from location.